Workshop Agile Project Portfolio Management 6.12.18
- Are you not sure if the projects you are doing are the right ones?
- Unsure if they help your company executing its strategy?
- Doubting the value and benefits your projects deliver?
- Thinking about if you are doing the projects right?
- Worrying if you are able to deliver value to your customers quickly and predictably?
- Sweating when you think about the risks you are taking?
- Or are you not taking a risk at all and see your competition sailing away from you?
Then this workshop is for you!
Join Us on A Deep Dive into the World of Agile Project Portfolio Management
Agile Project Portfolio Management (APPM) is a combined system of tools, methodologies, and processes to support your organization in reacting to change with the speed that is necessary for your organization to thrive. It helps you to do the right projects and to do projects right.
APPM does not involve making project-by-project choices based on fixed acceptance criteria. Instead, decisions to add or subtract projects from the portfolio are based on the four goals of APPM:
1) Maximize the value of the portfolio;
2) Seek the right balance of projects, thus achieving a balanced portfolio;
3) Create a strong link to strategy, thus: the need to build strategy into the portfolio;
4) Doing the right number of projects
This workshop takes a deep dive into how your company can achieve these goals. To get a better idea what Agile Project Portfolio Management is, and how it differs from its traditional counterpart have a look at the
In This Workshop, We’ll Show You …
How Agile Project Portfolio Managements helps your organization. Why does it makes sense to implement this? Below you will find ten clearly measurable benefits that you can expect when implementing APPM in your organization.
✓ More insightful decision-making
✓ Better Risk Management
✓ Optimized (NOT maximized) resource utilization by doing the right number of projects
✓ Alignment with the strategy of the organization
✓ Increased project delivery success
✓ Faster project turnaround times
✓ Maximized organization impact
✓ Reduced sunk costs
✓ More and better ideas
Who Will Gain the Most Benefit from This 1-Day Workshop?
This course has been designed to help Executive Managers, Project Managers, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, members of the Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Consultant seeking to understand Agile Project Portfolio Management better.
With that said, it is open to anyone who would like to join us. Project professionals with expertise in delivering the right projects aren’t just highly employable – they’re also valuable.
Our workshop offers attendees a new insight and approach, giving them a greater understanding of project portfolio management and project delivery and its place as an essential part of a company's growth and strategy.
In this intensive one-day workshop we will:
1) Create a deep understanding of the 4 goals of Agile Project Portfolio Management and how they relate to your company's growth and strategy.
2) Discuss Agile Project Portfolio Management and how it can be used to manage your project portfolio in such a way that it maximises the value, is balanced, linked to strategy and the projects actually start delivering benefits fast.
3) Discuss tools and techniques to help you make the right decisions for your organization by breaking down the project portfolio management challenge into building blocks and asking yourself some important questions regarding the context in which you want to use them. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. That is what being Agile is all about!
We Make Learning APPM Fun
As a workshop, we’ve designed a collaborative, hands-on experience where your own work and ideas drive the content. This is not a passive workshop where you watch PowerPoint presentation after presentation. Instead, we’ll be leveraging the humble whiteboard to communicate and share ideas, creating a dynamic workshop environment with other attending professionals.
We will also provide plenty of time for breaks, so you can get to meet everyone and share experiences – this is a great opportunity to network, as well as gain an understanding of how other organizations and teams have solved problems you are facing.
We will use the Agile Project Portfolio Management Funnel as a guidance for our workshop.
8:30 - 9:00
Registration and welcome coffee
9:00 - 9:30
Introductions between trainer and attendees
9:30 - 10:15
Ideas and Demand Generation
10:15 - 10:30
10:30 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Project Evaluation & Selection
12:00 - 13:00
13:00 - 14:00
Project Evaluation & Selection
14:00 - 14:30
14:30 - 15:30
Project Validation & Delivery
15:30 - 16:30
Project Success & Benefit Monitoring
16:30 - 17:00
iET, Zürich, 8048, Switzerland