Athletic Pathways to the US - Zurich, August 2018
19:00 - 21:00
Du bist ein Nachwuchssportler, der davon träumt, das Beste aus seinem Sporttalent zu machen, aber auch gleichzeitig eine erstklassige Ausbildung erhalten möchte?
Dann ist der Erhalt eines US-College-Sportstipendiums ein Traum der Wirklichkeit werden kann!
Diese Veranstaltung enthält:
- Die Vorteile des Auslandsstudiums: Arbeitsmarktfähigkeit, Erfahrung, Unabhängigkeit, Networking etc.
- Eine detaillierte Aufschlüsselung des Bewerbungsprozesses für US-Sportstipendien
- Die Balance zwischen Studium und Sport, die man als Sportstudent erwarten kann
- Wie man seine Arbeitsmarktfähigkeit verbessern kann, durch die Kombination aus Student und Sportler
- Die finanziellen Vorteile eines Sportstipendiums
- Die notwendigen Dinge, um Deine Bewerbung für ein Stipendium von der Menge abzuheben
- Was Du außer sportlichen Fähigkeiten brauchst, um an einem US-College aufgenommen zu werden
Are you an up-and-coming athlete who dreams of making the most of your sporting talent but you also want to get a world-class education at the same time?
Then getting a US college athletic scholarship is your dream come true!
Competing in front of thousands of fans, training at top facilities and earning a degree is amazing enough but paying significantly less for the incredible US college experience is surely the icing on the cake!
The only problem is that getting a sport scholarship is SUPER competitive and there's much more to it than being able to sink a 3-pointer with your eyes closed or scorching the back of the net on the soccer field.
Join us to learn everything you need to know about US athletics scholarships so you can unleash your potential!
This event will cover:
- The benefits of studying overseas: employability, experience, independence, networking etc.
- A detailed breakdown of the US athletic scholarship application process
- The study / sport balance you can expect as a student-athlete
- How being a student-athlete can increase your employability
- The financial benefits of an athletic scholarship
- The essentials for making your athletic scholarship application stand out from the crowd
- What you need beyond sporting ability to get into a US college
Who should be at this event:
Year 9-12 students with strong athletic ability (Swiss national level or semi-professional)
Parents of talented athletes
Local sports coaches
About your speakers:
College admissions expert, Rowan Anders - Dartmouth College, INSEAD:
Rowan is a 2007 graduate from Dartmouth College where he played NCAA soccer for four years, winning two Ivy League titles and setting four school records while completing a degree in philosophy. After university, Rowan built and managed the venture capital portfolio of a family office including an association with the Canadian TV program Dragon’s Den. In 2014 Rowan completed an MBA at INSEAD, the #1 globally ranked MBA program, with coursework across both the France and Singapore campuses and study in China. Following time at global management consulting firm BCG, Rowan managed the SE Asia operations for the sports data startup Repucom which was acquired by Nielsen in 2017. Rowan is passionate about the power of international education to broaden students’ perspectives and unlock opportunities they never imagined possible. A continuing elite soccer player and avid skier, Rowan heads Crimson’s Switzerland operations.
Teo Pollini - Williams College
Teo attended highschool in Zurich, at Zurich International School, while playing soccer for the academy team at FC Red Star ZH. For his junior and senior year, he moved to a IMG Academy, a sports academy in Florida that has produced countless notable alumni, like Maria Sharapova. He graduated as valedictorian and Harvard Book Award winner of his class. Now, Teo is a Political Science and English major at Williams College. There, he is a member of the Varsity Soccer team and the Financial Manager of the Williams Record.
Visit the Event Facebook Page to stay up to date with event news.
Promotional Codes Available: Does your school need a promo code so students and parents can get free tickets? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what school you're from and we'll create one for you.